Friday, September 10, 2010

mac and cheese, to the desert to camp, and paella


My friend at work was eating homemade mac and cheese at lunch yesterday.
It looked and smelled so good.
So, I went home and made some for dinner.  O loved it. 
We, or I, if O doesn't feel better(he got my cold) are headed down to the San Rafael desert tonight.
My brother in law (Brad, the one that lives in Taos) is running in a race down there tomorrow.  We will camp and hike and have a good time cheering for him at the finish line.  If O doesn't come, I will be a little worried about getting lost trying to find where everyone is camped because
it will be dark by the time I get there!!!!  There are an absolute maze of roads down in the that desert.   Anyway...
Have to come back on Saturday night because we have to teach on Sunday in church.
But, the up side of that, is that my friend Paul(remember this) is making Paella on his roof for his birthday on Saturday night.
Not gonna miss that.
Sounds great right!

Have a lovely weekend...

PS  here is how i made my mac and cheese

boiled some pasta and in the meanwhile preheated my oven to 400 degrees
melted about a cup of unsalted butter
added 2 cloves of garlic
added about 6 oz of cream cheese cuz I had some in my fridge
added some flour and salt and pepper
drained the pasta and put it in a casserole dish with some olive oil on the sides and bottom
poured the butter/flour mixture over it and tossed it around
stirred in lots of sharp cheddar, mozzarella, Parmesan
more pepper

then I diced up a big hunk of sour dough bread and tossed it in some olive oil and dill
threw it on top of the pasta and baked it until it was bubbly and golden brown

and presto dinner is served


No comments:

Post a Comment