Tuesday, August 17, 2010

little bastards






yuck. there are a thousand new little baby snails in my yard. slimy. they love munching on the above plant so much that it is barely recognizable. i hate them. o hates them more. i pick them off that plant when they are on it and it totally grosses him out that i touch them. its kind of funny. you know how girls are when it comes to spiders? that's how o is when it comes to snails. ha ha. i need to get some snail bate. but i hate killing things. it makes me feel bad. if there are bugs in my house, i let them climb onto a paper towel and them i set them outside. i now, i'm weird like that.

4 comments:

  1. Bwahahahaha! I HATE snails too. We had a near infestation here a while ago. We had ignored them for a long time, because I like to let my backyard "ecosystem" work on its own. I will never make that mistake again with snails! We had SO many of them that you'd hear little crunches no matter where you walked in the garden. Very few of our plants even survived at all. My dog started eating them, and mastiff farts colored with snail slime is not something you want sleeping in your bedroom. *Ugh* Needless to say, the "ecosystem" failed us and the snails took over. Now, we religiously set out snail bait, but 3 years later we STILL have way more snails that I want. Disgusting! I know you have a tender heart, but KILL THE SNAILS! Hahaha. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not kill bugs either. I shoo flies outside. Oh well. You can get chickens...they will eat the snails. Or you can put out a shallow dish of beer in the yard and they will kill themselves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I was thinking I might do the beer thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One rare advantage to living in Price . . . it is too hot and dry for snails!!!! Yay, but now I have no excuse to buy beer. Darn.

    ReplyDelete