Monday, March 22, 2010

The Weekend and Cookies With Cracked Wheat...

The weather was warm and sunny this weekend
We got lots of yard work done
the car and motorcycle are squeaky clean
we whipped up some homemade BBQ sauce and fired up the little camping grill
cause that's all we have
lots of walking
a motorcycle ride
my youngest sibling, Jordi, turned 20 in the Philippines
O and I sent him a package full of power bars
because he asked for some
AND
I changed up the oatmeal cookie recipe yet again this weekend
Owen helped me
they are so freaking good
I didn't even bring any to work to share
they are soft and chewy with a little crunch of cracked wheat
Here you go
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp soda
1 bag white chocolate chips
1 cup cracked wheat
1 cup steel cut oats
about 1 cup or so of chopped, dried cranberries
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes
and then be careful because you will want to eat them all at once!
Have a good Monday. I don't really like Monday.

1 comment: