Thursday, February 11, 2010

I've been spending a little time in the kitchen this week...


I have been cooking some good stuff this week. A couple of nights ago I made quiche. I also baked about 75 heart shaped sugar cookies for a Valentine's shindig at work. I have the best recipe for sugar cookies. I will post it later. Last night a made something yummy with salmon. I didn't use recipes for the quiche or the salmon, but here is the basic breakdown if you are interested.
Quiche
4 or 5 eggs (I use large, organic, brown eggs)
milk or cream
shredded cheese (swiss, cheddar, parmesan, mozzarella... whatever you want)
whip those up until they are foamy in your blender or food processor
salt
pepper
throw in whatever herbs and veggies you want or just keep it simple with the above ingredients
spinach, mushrooms, ham, and green onions are good ones.
throw it in a homemade or store bought pie crust set it on a cookie sheet and bake it at 350 degrees until it is done. Delish!
Salmon
I had three wild caught salmon fillets
In a skillet I put:
generous amount of olive oil
2 cloves fresh garlic
1 can diced tomatoes in juice
salt
pepper
paprika
brown sugar
generous amount of red pepper for some kick
add a little water
have the skillet on low heat and get that stuff bubbling
add a half cup of Israeli couscous (they have it at whole foods) you could do rice instead
simmer until the couscous is nearly done
lay the salmon fillets in there and cover them with the juices and cover
the salmon was done in about 5 minutes
It is truly delicious.


2 comments:

  1. m-m-m the Quiche looks good. The salmon and couscous sounds great too. Can't wait to try them. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your sugar cookie recipe! Please share or will you email me? Thanks, Cas AND your Quiche looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete