Monday, October 5, 2009

THE. BEST. COOKIES. EVER!





I want start doing a post each week or so about local businesses that I have used and loved. I think it is extremely important to support local business. My Dad owns a business in a small town and support from locals is a must. To start with, let me tell you about The Dough Girl. I don't even know her and I love her. Her cookies put Paradise bakery to absolute shame in every way. I was at a business next door to her shop the other night ( I will post about that business next week) and I needed change. I walked into her shop to buy a cookie so I had change. She was closing for the night. Score #1 - She donates all her leftovers at the end of the day to some youth program. Score #2 - She lets you try something. A whole cookie that is. And they are warm and soft and thick and gooey and yummy..... and she tells you all about each one. Meanwhile you are foaming at the mouth. Score #3 Since she was closing up, she gave me 8 cookies to take home and try for FREE! Now, I love to bake and I have to say that I am pretty good at it. However, I do not understand how she makes her cookie dough, but it is the best I have ever tasted. In my life. No joke. I highly recommend you get yourself there and buy some of these cookies. They will change your life.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...cookies. Good to know where to get them!!! I think that is great you are posting about good local companies that you use. I'll have to check the website to see where her shop is located. :)

    ReplyDelete